Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Spousal Warning

When I came into the living room early this morning, I noticed the morning newspaper which lay on a table. Roberta shouted, "Don't look at the front page!"

I averted my eyes and never did see the offending article. Had some major sports figure been arrested or killed? Were the San Francisco Forty-niners finally going to get a new stadium? Did the Golden State Warriors win the playoff series and advance to the next level?

Now it's late at night. I am slightly curious about the sports news that I didn't learn about. Would it compromise my journey to ask my wife what horror she had saved me from?

The answer to that question can't be found in the rule book, because there is no rule book for breaking a sporting addiction. A person simply must look deep inside.

I think I'll go to bed.

No comments: