Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sports and Fortune Cookies

No one can accuse me of not trying to avoid sports information via the media.

I stopped listening to the local all-news radio show because they feature sports at least twice an hour.

I avoid looking at the front page of the local paper where sports stories often appear above the fold--especially Barry Bonds stories.

I have trained my eyes to identify breaking sports news on Yahoo! and never clink those links.

Then the other day, I brought home Chinese food--seemed safe enough--and discovered the following inside a Fortune Cookie: "Keep an eye open for an opportunity in the field of sports." (Actually, my wife got the fortune, but she felt compelled to read it to me.)

What am I supposed to do to kick my addiction to this plague: Stop eating?

No comments: